Following the magical Christmas period, not any less magical Valentine’s Day is slowly approaching us. This time of the year is filled with love.
The never ending, nonetheless, pleasant, hassle of buying gifts for the loved ones. And a loved one does not necessarily have to be a partner, like many people think during this day. Valentine’s Day is for any kind of love. Either it is a lover, parents, siblings, family members, friends, a teacher, or even maybe that beautiful lady serving you a big cup of strong hot coffee and a croissant every morning when you are in such a rush to work.
Love is different and always unique. However, no matter how unique your love is, we have the right solution for you. It is not just a gift – it is an emotion. This beautiful gift is even older than the Valentine’s Day itself, but is still perceived as a symbol of love. She is the Queen of the Flowers. She is a Rose.
What to look for when buying roses?
- The length and thickness of the stem, the bud height and width and the number of petals must be in proportion.
- The leaves must be fresh and firm. The presence of thorns depends on the cultivar, from heavily thorned to virtually thornless.
- If flowers have been harvested when they are too unripe, too little energy has been stored in the petals for the flower to open. This varies according to the cultivar. Buying at the right stage of ripeness is therefore very important in order to offer the customer a Rose that fully opens when placed in water.
- Production conditions, the cool chain and transport from the country of origin play a major role in shaping the quality of Roses.
- When buying, it is important that the Rose is free of pests and diseases such as powdery mildew or botrytis, a fungus that will rapidly diminish the Rose’s quality.
When ordering Roses from us, we will make sure that we check every single one of them to make sure they are in perfect condition!